Come Meet The Birds
When: Sat, Mar 18, 2017 12PM-3PM
Where: St. Aidan's Episcopal Church and Nadaka Nature Park
17405 NE Glisan Street
Did you notice you only see Turkey Vultures in the metropolitan area in the spring and summer? Thats because they migrate to warmer climates in the winter, but its time to welcome them back.Welcome Back Vulture Day is filled with fun and educational activities:
- Meet Ruby, Portland Audubons Turkey Vulture, up close (along with many of Audubons other education birds)
- Compare your wingspan to that of a California Condor
- Make a crafted vulture and mask
- Play Upchuck Chuck!
- Learn fun vulture facts
- Find out the differences between Old and New World vultures
- Discover why vultures are important
Were lucky to still have good populations of Turkey Vultures in Oregon. Around the world vultures are facing hazards in the wild and their numbers are dwindling. As Natures Recyclers, they play an important role in reducing diseaseand its up to us to helpParking: St. Aidan's Episcopal Church parking lot next to Nadaka Nature Park located at 17405 NE Glisan Street in GreshamFor more information about this event, contact Deanna Sawtelle at 971-222-6108 or firstname.lastname@example.org.