Deadline: Fri Sep 18, 2015 5PM
Citizens making a positive difference in our community
The Police Department is accepting applications for the Citizen Volunteers in Policing (CVIP) program until 5PM Sep 18, 2015.
Interested citizens can download a volunteer application or pick up an application at the Police Department. Completed applications should be submitted to the Police Department.
Gresham’s Citizen Volunteers in Policing are the eyes and ears of the Police Department and create a visible presence in our parks, trails, residential areas and commerce centers. Volunteers do not carry weapons, confront suspects, or participate in altercations; they observe and report.
- Must be 21 years of age and older.
- Must live or own a business within the city limits of Gresham.
- Must pass a DMV and criminal background check.
In addition, an appointment to the program requires attendance at an orientation meeting, followed by an interview with the City's Chief of Police.
In addition, Citizen Volunteers in Policing volunteers also:
- Deliver food boxes.
- Participate in community events.
- Report graffiti and community events.
- Patrol along City trails using a Gator mobile.
- Issue handicapped parking citations.
- Deploy the speed radar trailer.
- Assist with curfew sweeps.
- Initiate patrols of residential areas, parks, school grounds and commercial areas.
For more information about the CVIP program please contact Sgt. Mike Amend at 503-618-2894 or Mike.Amend@GreshamOregon.gov.